About the company
DB Schenker is a leading provider of integrated logistics services in the areas of land transport, air and ocean freight and contract logistics, trade show logistics, project logistics, customs clearance, and sports and events logistics. The company employs 72,000 people at 2,000 locations in 130 countries worldwide. DB Schenker is the Transportation and Logistics Division of Deutsche Bahn.
With 4 branches and more than 60 offices in the country, DB Schenker is Romania’s number one logistics provider and covers the national market perfectly. With more than 140 years of logistics experience globally and 25 years of presence in Romania, the company offers the complete range of transport and logistics services for land, air and ocean, contract logistics and supply chain management combined with customs’ clearance service and port operations at its own terminal with the support of a world-wide network at the same time.
What we do
Contract Logistics / SCM
Customised solutions for contract logistics
Being an experienced Lead Logistics provider and by using state of the art optimising tools, our professional Lead Logistics engineers will bring you customised and competitive transport and logistics solutions for your complete supply chain.
Transparency and efficiency provide a basis for logistics. DB SCHENKER uses modern software for transport and warehouse management exercises and could therefore guarantee transparency and continuity concerning the flow of goods and the process.
High quality and the permanent optimization through up-to-date quality-management-programs guarantee the advancement of your logistics projects. Examples therefore are Lean Management, 5S/POP or Six Sigma.
Permanent staff training at the DB Schenker Academy provides you a contact person with state of the art knowledge. An efficient organization of your logistics systems is assured.
With us things become simple.
DB Schenker pools the expertise and know-how of experienced specialists in transnational freight transport, ensures fast and efficient border passage
Even though customs barriers within the European single market are history, some regions from Eastern Europe and other parts of the world have remained sensitive with regard to customs regulations.
A global network depends on local knowledge - especially if it concerns customs clearance. DB Schenker possesses all the required knowledge concerning import and export customs clearance.
Your gateway to Black Sea
DB Schenker branch - Constanta Mol 1S offers you a tailored solution for your containerized ocean freight shipments.
Due its capable equipment and the excellent geographical position, MOL 1S has established itself as a perfect gateway. The terminal has direct access to the Cernavoda Canal and to all other means of hinterland transportation. Over 320 employees with a long-standing experience make sure that transports via MOL 1S are handled economically and with utmost care.
Number 1 in European rail transport
DB Schenker is the leading globally integrated logistics services provider and also the largest rail freight operator in Europe in terms of transport volume. Our unique network offers you unbeatable competitive advantages.
- We have roughly 4,200 direct rail sidings at customer locations in Europe. We also have 114,000 freight cars and 3,400 locomotives — which means you have access to one of the world's largest rail networks and the biggest rail fleet in Europe.
- You can therefore count on us to meet whatever requirements you have for your shipments. Our experienced team consists of experts from diverse sectors who have access to a wide range of special equipment.
- Is environmental protection your top priority? Rail transport will significantly reduce your company’s carbon footprint: No other mode of transport is as environmentally friendly.
- Our rail transport solutions ensure you get the cargo capacity you need and can meet your tight delivery deadlines. Our products here include PowerRailer and the Danube Nordic Shuttle, which bring your goods to Southeastern Europe and Scandinavia in accordance with fixed timetables.
Removals - relocation service
DB Schenker Romania offers professional relocation services dedicated to companies and their employees.
The company is able to provide strategic tailored relocation corporate solutions as well as consulting and comprehensive range of mobility issues. Thus, any company or employee intending to organize, oversee and carry out a large-scale project such as the relocation can rely on the DB SCHENKERmove team of specialists. Moreover, DB Schenker handles the entire planning, organization and execution of the move.
- Moves within Romania, Europe and overseas
- Professional packing
- Storage - unlimited time
- Reassembly services
- Vehicle & Heavy Tools Transport
- Insurance service
- An overall plan tailored to your specific needs