EU Digital COVID Certificate
EU Digital COVID Certificate
Alexandra Epure LLM, Rechtsanwältin / Attorney-at-Law
While pursuing a high level of public health protection, the introduction of a common approach for the issuance, verification and acceptance of interoperable COVID-19 certificates, are intended to facilitate the application of the principles of proportionality and non-discrimination with regard to travel restrictions during the COVID-19 pandemic. In this respect, the regulation lays down a common environment as follows.
- Regulation (EU) 2021/953 of the European Parliament and of the Council;
- Emergency Ordinance no. 68/2021 on the adoption of measures for the implementation of the European framework for the issuance, verification and acceptance of the European Union digital certificate on COVID to facilitate free movement during the COVID-19 pandemic.
General aspects linked to the certificate:
- free of charge (to prevent abuse or fraud, it should be possible to charge appropriate fees for the issuance of a new certificate in cases of repeated loss);
- paper copy/ digital format to be stored and displayed on a mobile device, or both;
- shall contain an interoperable, machine-readable QR code containing necessary key data as well as a digital signature. The QR code is used to securely verify the authenticity, integrity, and validity of the certificate;
- shall be provided in the languages of the issuing Member State and English;
- it is not a travel document;
- shall be mandatory after 12 August 2021.
Available to download at https://certificat-covid.gov.ro.
The certificate request through the Government application shall be made at least with:
- 5 working days before the time of use of the certificate - vaccination and cure certificates;
- 12 hours before the time of use of the certificate – Rapid Antigen test;
- 48 hours before the time of use of the certificate - NAAT test (RT-PCR, LAMP, TMA).
- for the vaccination certificate: June 30, 2022;
- for the healing certificate: 180 days from the date of the first positive result to the test for SARS-CoV-2, registered in the computer platform "Corona-forms";
- for the test certificate: 24 or 72 hours.
Valid and recognized
- EU Countries;
Who shall process your personal data
- the competent authorities of the Member State of destination or transit;
- the cross-border passenger transport services operators required by national law to implement certain public health measures during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- only to verify and confirm the holder’s vaccination, test result or recovery.
Further to the approval of Law no. 175/2020, in force since October 13, 2020, amended and supplemented by the GEO no. 203 of November 23, 2020, thelegislation regulating the purchase and sale of agricultural land located outside builtup areas has been subject to some significant changes lately. The Law no. 175/2020, amending…Read more
FLORIN GODEAN, COUNTRY MANAGER ADECCO ROMANIA IS THE NEW PRESIDENT OF THE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE SWITZERLAND-ROMANIA As a result of the General Assembly of the Chamber of Commerce Switzerland-Romania, organized on Wednesday, March 17, 2021, Florin Godean, Country Manager Adecco Romania, has been elected as the new president of the…Read more
Dear Members, As many of you may already know, Noerr stands for excellence and an entrepreneurial approach. With highly experienced teams of strong characters, Noerr devises and implements solutions for the most complex and sophisticated legal challenges. During these difficult times, Noerr has developed an efficient hub of hot news and…Read more
Dear Members, It is our pleasure to share with you the special edition of Cybersecurity Trends, in April 2020, placed under the aegis of the Embassy of Switzerland in Romania. This study tackles the biggest wave of cyberattack in history - the Cyber-COVID19. You may download below the English version,…Read more
The restrictions imposed by the State in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic have resulted in a speed up of digitization of the exchange of documents between the economic operators and the Romanian public authorities. The transfer of documents by electronic means becomes thus very challenging when it comes to…Read more
The Swiss Federal Council adopts emergency ordinance on granting of credits with joint and several federal guarantees During its extraordinary meeting on 25 March 2020, the Swiss Federal Council addressed the issue of liquidity assistance for SMEs, which should have rapid access to credit facilities to bridge liquidity shortfalls caused…Read more
Invitație - Parteneriat cu Ambasada Elveției. Proiect Swiss Sponsors’ FundRead more
LET THE GAMES BEGIN! 2018 Football World Cup Join the viewing experience! Extraordinary outdoor 6×3 meters LED screen! Group packages starting from 95 RON/person* *includes also a tasty hamburger and 2 beers (400 ml) Book your seat now! >> 021 311 9000 >> 14 June – 15 July 2018 >>…Read more