SWISS SPONSORS’ FUND
Swiss Sponsors ’Fund (SSF) is a joint project of the Swiss Embassy in Romania and the Chamber of Commerce Switzerland-Romania. SSF was created in 2012, shortly after the celebration of 100 years of Swiss-Romanian diplomatic relations, as a result of the positive reactions of the Swiss business sector involved in supporting the centenary's activities.
SSF is an excellent collaboration platform between entrepreneurs, enterprises and the Swiss Embassy in Romania. SSF's mission is to develop and strengthen Swiss-Romanian bilateral relations, to increase the visibility of Swiss companies present in Romania and to support a wide range of events organized in various regions of Romania.
SSF is managed by the Embassy and financed annually by Swiss and international companies active in Romania. Between 2012 and 2019, the fund had mainly a cultural vocation. Following the consultations with the business environment and the clarifications of the fiscal aspects in terms of sponsorship of the activities carried out by the Embassy, SSF 2020 allows, in accordance with art. 4, para. (1), lit. a), from the Sponsorship Law no. 32/1994, the extension of the financing area in other fields of activity than the cultural one, such as: artistic, educational, scientific - fundamental and applied research, humanitarian, religious, philanthropic, sports, human rights protection, medical-sanitary, social assistance and services, environmental, social and community protection, representation of professional associations, maintenance, restoration, conservation and enhancement of historical monuments.
Eligibility criteria and project selection
SSF supports projects that meet the following prerequisites:
The application file has to include the following:
Selection of the projects
Sponsors SSF 2020
The SSF 2020 sponsorship is addressed to the members of the Chamber of Commerce Switzerland-Romania, interested in financing the activities supported by the Swiss Embassy. The sponsorship options have been adapted so in order to offer to as many partners as possible the opportunity to get involved in this project. There are 3 categories of sponsors, as follows:
- Partners: 10’000 Euro
- Donors: 5’000 Euro
- Friends: 2’500 Euro
- fiscal benefits, according to the Law no. 32/1994 on sponsorship and Law no. 227/2015 on the Fiscal Code, with subsequent amendments and completions;
- advertising at each event financed by SSF 2020: the company logo inserted in the SSF 2020 roll-up, which will be posted in a visible place during the organized events;
- the entire process of correspondence, project selection, relationship with artists or institutions organizing events is the responsibility of the Embassy;
- advertising on the Embassy's Facebook page;
- regular information on organized events;
- invitations to events;
- invitation to the annual reception dedicated to sponsors;
- involvement, if desired, in identifying the best projects eligible for funding through SSF 2020.
For additional information, please contact Liliana Ciurea, responsible for cultural affairs at the Swiss Embassy.
Tel. +40 21 206 16 42